Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Il est cinq heures au Mali











I can't lay these photos out for shit. Sorry. Here's where we're off to next week- Mali. Husband's aunt and uncle are intrepid travelers, and are along to supplement their African ceremonial sword collection. Husband is along because he's a great sport with a taste for the exotic. I'm along because -dude- this is the part of the world where I made my life decisions. I was living in Senegal and I decided to leave my then-fiance, quit my dream of academia, come back to America and go to law school. Good decision? Who knows- but it was a decision.*
So now back to the land of incredibly tall people who hold hands as they talk, 5am calls to prayer, spectacular music, more sand than you'd ever really want to encounter.
Anyone been to Mali? Any tips/recommendations?


*Obviously the leaving of the fiance was a good decision. Leaving of academia? Jury's still out.

1 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Lizzie said...

I am so jealous. Take/post lots of pics please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home