Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Today's pretension

"The person who cannot set himself down on the crest of the moment, forgetting everything from the past, who is not capable of standing on a single point, like a goddess of victory, without dizziness or fear, will never know what happiness is. Even worse, he will never do anything to make other people happy." Nietzsche, Use and Abuse of History for Life

Read this book years ago, hunted down the quote for a friend yesterday, thought I'd post it here.
The whole book (it's a short one) more or less centers around this theme. I've always been partial to this idea but lately I feel like this is exactly what the Bush Administration does. Except I'd bet my life on the fact that Bush has never cracked a book by Nietzsche.

I'll elaborate later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home