Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The funniest blog in christendom

Ok, I'm new to all of this, but in my professional opinion, the "Bloggies" are a crock. These are the apparent Oscars of weblogs (although I think it's their first year of existence)- but if you take a look at their nominees, it's blatantly obvious that this is just a bunch of cute girls nominating their friends. How else can you explain how This Fish is up for weblog of the year (precious, self-conscious, self-congratulatory nonsense at its best) and Veiled Conceit, which is consistently hysterical and has me falling out of my chair on a daily basis, is nowhere to be found? And don't even get me started on Stephanie Klein , who thinks highly enough of herself without being nominated for "Best Weblog Writing" or whatever it is. Ah me, the injustice of this world continually astounds.
I'm expecting to be tackled for criticizing these adorable girls, who are just living such incredible lives in NYC, but a few weeks of doing this has taught me that there is MUCH better stuff out there. Just take a look at Veiled Conceit before you yell at me.

4 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Veiled Conceit: brilliant, funny
This Fish: reminds me why I date men

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

As for S. Klein,
I'd love to run into her one night, flirt with her, get her into bed, and change my mind. I'd rather go home, thanks.
:)

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Snooze said...

Thanks for letting us know about Veiled Conceit. But you know, I like your blog more.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Noisette said...

Wow- thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home