Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Morning sickness

Ha! No, I'm kidding. I'm, like, totally NOT pregnant. I am, however, sick, and it is morning. Things pile up and pile up, and every day serves as a thrumming reminder that this job and I are not made for each other. Ah well. I have to keep reminding myself why Superfirm deserves the first tentative, sensitive years of my post-law school career.
I am too irreverent for this place. I do not adopt the subservient attitude necessary for proper relationships with partners. I don't sit there and take it when clients yell at me because I'm the only lawyer they can get on the phone. Well, actually, I do. But then I complain about it afterwards to whomever happens to be within a small distance of my office. Yeah, I'm real pleasant to be around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home