Monday, January 24, 2005

Can I do something really, really dumb?

Can I? Thanks. I am bored stiff here and suddenly started listing in my mind those well-known people in whose company I have spent more than 5 minutes. And I thought, hey- why not list them on my blog? So that countless others can see to what silly, narcissistic topics my mind wanders? So here goes, in no particular order (and feel free to comment on how utterly silly this is):
  • Steven Weber
  • Hal Holbrooke
  • Lisi Goranson (the original "Becky" on Roseanne)
  • Edward Albee
  • Joyce Carol Oates
  • Tim O'Brien
  • Danny DeVito
  • Isabella Rosselini
  • Barak Obama
  • C. Everett Coop (Reagan's Surgeon General- tee hee)
  • Bill Clinton (sort of, I didn't really meet him but stood near him for at least 5min)
  • Dick Durbin
  • John Kerry's sister (Ha! For real!)
  • H. Ross Perot
  • Mike Newdow
  • Justice Kennedy
  • Scott Turow (see blog entry from earlier this month)
  • Gwyneth Paltrow (I can't believe I forgot her!)

Of the above, the Danny DeVito and Steven Weber acquaintances are my favorites. Danny DeVito sat across from me in The Coffee Shop at Union Square one night and asked me such questions as "where you from" and "have you ever been to Morocco?" He was also wearing at least three watches. Steven Weber was my charge as intern at the Great Lakes Theater Festival in Cleveland my senior year of high school. My job was basically to drive him around the city to interviews. His knuckles turned white on many an occasion as he grasped the door handle in a vain attempt to shield himself from the horrors of my driving. I did not kill him, though, and he went on to fame and fortune in such splendid vehicles as "Single White Female" and the crap version of "The Shining."


3 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Lol, nice list. I've never been one to lavish extra attention on stars, but I met Neil Young and didn't recognize him until he handed me a second beer.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Noisette said...

Neil Young? wow. That totally beats all of mine.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

I don't know about that. Both Steven Weber and Isabella Rosselini are much more attractive.
lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home