Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I take back everything I said!

Well, not really. I'm still trying to figure out what I want this blog to be, if anything at all. But in the meantime, I've got some downtime and Lizzie's meme was so tempting and... well, here goes:

Two parts of your heritage:
1. French Huguenot
2. Leon Trotsky (so Russian-Jewish) (hells yes I said Trotsky, mofos)

Two things that scare you
1. flying in small planes (oh Lizzie, we're so alike)
2. a conservative Supreme Court

Two fears you overcame
1. flying in large planes
2. driving

Two of your everyday essentials:
1. 1/2 hr in the morning to read on-line news before starting billable work (of course I don't always get it...)
2. string cheese

Two things you are wearing right now
1. wedding ring
2. sweater that looked much more attractive online than on me

Two things you wore too much this year
1. my fat jeans
2. my "Northwestern Law" sweatshirt

This year's favorite bands or musical artists
1. Amadou et Mariam
2. Kanye West (does it matter that he was my favorite last year too?)

Two things you want in a relationship
1. a Democrat
2. humor

Two of your favorite movies of the year
1. Cache
2. The Constant Gardener

Best movies of all time
1. Annie Hall
2. Breakfast at Tiffany's

Two things you hate
1. Dick Cheney
2. George Bush

Two of your favorite hobbies
1. singing
2. traveling

Two things you learned this year
1. How to draft the representations and warranties section of a merger agreement (exciting stuff. seriously)
2. That my current job is very far from being my dream job (see #1)

Two accomplishments you are proud of
1. getting honors on my master's thesis (which I wrote in French for a French university- how did I do that?)
2. passing 2 bar exams in 1 year

Two things you want really badly
1. To figure out what exactly this "dream job" of mine is, and to start taking concrete steps toward the getting of it
2. For my cat to stop shitting on the goddamn bed

Two places you went this year (I'm going to assume this means "within the last 12 months")
1. Mali
2. Las Vegas

Two places you want to go on vacation
1. India
2. Ethiopia (yes, I still do, M. Noix. Although Mongolia would be... crazy, too)

Two things you want to do before you die
1. Feel satisfied that my career (or the bulk of it) was spent changing world conditions for the better
2. Live abroad again (just for a year or two...)

Two ways that you are stereotypical of your gender (these are Lizzie's, but they're exactly what I would have said, so I'm leaving them...)
1. I cry easily.
2. I overanalyze.

Two things that make you stand out
1. My completely wonky-ass nose
2. That my engagement ring is NOT a diamond, goddamn it.

Two things you normally wouldn't admit
1. I fantasize about getting a nose job, even though I never really would
2. Ummm... I umm... fart a lot

Two goals for the new year
1. Write that article on cotton subsidies and Mali (I really am gonna, really I am... no really)
2. Be good

9 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Nice -- and nice to have you back.

I'm a gonna do this lista stuff.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Lizzie said...

How could I have forgotten Annie Hall? I must say "I can walk to the curb from here" or some variation thereof at least once a week. (I don't know why, but I find that quote to be one of the funniest I've ever heard. In fact, I'm laughing now just thinking of it.)

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Noisette said...

I'm laughing too! Love it. It's just delivered so dead-pan, like everything Woody Allen says.
Unsane- let me know when you've done your list (or I'll check back tomorrow)- I'd love to see your answers to this stuff.
Third very close runner-up for great movie I've seen this year: "History of Violence." God, that movie was spectacular. So innovative and different.

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I've done my list--it's about third post down or so.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger wstachour said...

Fabulous!

I loved The Constant Gardener. And Annie Hall. And B@T.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Lol, great list!
:)
What is your engagement ring?
I gave Wifey an emerald, but it was her choice..

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Noisette said...

Nice. Emeralds are lovely. Mine is a sapphire.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Heather B. said...

Two things you want in a relationship
1. a Democrat

The other day someone asked whether or not I would care if my future significant other was black or white. I said no, but it would seriously matter if he was a republican. I don't date republicans and frankly the thought scares me.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Sapphire is much cooler/prettier than a boring old diamond.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home