Friday, December 16, 2005

Dramatic Recounting

Noisette: "...so I got a response back from Senator Boxer, and it was the same damn hurricane Katrina form letter she sent to me three months ago when I wrote her about Katrina the first time. What the hell? The issues are different now! She can't even be bothered to write a new form letter?"

Husband: "You know what you are, right?"

Noisette: ".....?"

Husband: "You're that crazy woman who writes her Senator every time she reads an article in the newspaper. You know Boxer's staff are totally like- 'Oh god, it's that damn Noisette woman again. What's she griping about now? Good lord, Hurricane Katrina again?? Just send her the Katrina form letter."

Noisette: "Omigod... you're right. What have I become? I've become that insane lady all the staffers hate! All I ever do is write my goddamn congressman/senator/whatever! It's the Bush Administration's fault! 5 years of their bullshit has turned me from a normal, functioning 20 something into a bitter, old, semi-brain-addled crazy lady! Oh, the humanity!!!"

And... scene.

6 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger wstachour said...

Ah, but I'm reminded of the saying "It's not paranoia if they're really after you!"

Being the crazy, nattering lady doesn't mean you're not right! Would that we were deforesting the entire planet to send a piece of our minds to this administration. The whole $95B tax cut makes me want to axe-murder something.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Lizzie said...

But what else can you do? At least you're doing something, which is more than the rest of us can say. In the next letter include a postscript asking her to at least send you a new form letter, that you're tired of getting the same one over and over again. Seriously, you're doing what you can. Keep it up. I'd say I'd join you when the semester is over but I don't even have a senator.

I assume you saw Bush's speech last night? A wealth of new information. Enlightening. Actually, his speech is not unlike Sen. Boxer's form letter... just televised.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Noisette said...

Yeah, I like that he's being "candid" now. I think he subscribes to the theory that, as long as he admits he made a mistake, he doesn't have to be held accountable for it.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Lizzie said...

It still seems like his own twisted version of candidness though. He admits there were no WMD BUT is sure to mention that evidence was found that Saddam may have had the intention to restart Iraq's weapons program. Can't he ever just admit the truth we all know anyway without a caveat?

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger wstachour said...

No, because all he's doing here is pandering to public pressure. I simply don't believe him. He was not upfront about his aims initially, and the rest is all just lies and spin.

It is said that our guilt from wrongdoing is exactly proportional to the probability that we'll be caught. Many people would sleep soundly after commiting murder if they knew they would get away undetected. (There's perhaps ONE useful role I might grant to religion.)

W's admission of wrongdoing (backhanded and oblique as it was) is only this, a contrition borne of his awareness that he's going to be put out on his ass. It's the accountability of someone with a gun to their head.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Noisette said...

Both of you make excellent points. I'd like to comment more at length but mad busy. I'm really enjoying this NSA spying debacle, though- Bush et cronies are defending their tactics, betting that people would rather feel "secure" than fight the expansion of illegal, unchecked executive power- but I think they're betting wrong, and fatally. I also loved that Cheney had to end his little "placate the middle east" va-cay to break the tie in the Senate on that horrid budget, and the Dems still managed to stymie the bill and send it back to the House. Ha ha. Ha ha ha. Fuckers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home