Tuesday, November 22, 2005

New fun toys for your procrastinating pleasure

It's going to be a late night for me here at Lillyfirm. I've made my peace with that. Still, as I look with trepidation toward the at-least-12-hours that stretch before me, I long for silly distractions with which to procrastinate. And- lucky me (and you)! Ask and I shall receive!

From the lovely Ms. Gumption comes this: an email time capsule to the future. Write yourself an email that will be delivered to your inbox in 5, 10 or 20 years. I'm doin' it.

I also urge all you desk-bound saps to check this out: www.pandora.com. Aptly named "The Music Genome Project," Pandora allows you to create innumerable playlists based around the musical attributes inherent in your favorite song or artist. For instance, if you enter "Thievery Corporation," it will create a playlist that exemplifies electronica roots, a tight base sound, acoustic riff and trippy instrumentals (their take on Thievery Corp). I believe this little algorithm has saved my career. Try it.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does that mean I have to keep this same crummy Yahoo email account for 20 years!? And what happens in ten years, when email is implanted in our brains?

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger St. Dickeybird said...

Nice!
thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home