Friday, November 11, 2005

Update

The Standard Hotel downtown has a funky rooftop bar - white bubble chairs (or whatever you'd call them), foosball tables, yellow plastic chaises longues on astro-turf, fabulous people, etc. At the moment, this bar is empty. Next door to the Standard, on the roof of a nondescript office building, 100ish people are milling about setting up to shoot (film or still, can't tell) what can only be an exact replica of the Standard rooftop bar, down to the chaises longues and the foosball tables. I am VERY amused.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger SamuelAlito said...

I always thought that the person in the glass case above the check-in at the Standard was the best thing about it when I travelled to LA.

Usually, I think, the person was a law student.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Noisette said...

Sam Alito? YOU like the Standard??? I have hope for you after all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home