Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Undoing the Folded Lie

Ms Dynamite, It Takes More:
"Now who gives a damn/ About the ice on your hand/ If it's not too complex/ Tell me how many Africans died/ For the bagettes on your Rolex..."

Ms Dynamite is a funky British rapper w/social conscience in the vein of Talib Kweli. Good times.

PS- IMF (International Music Feed) is my new favorite channel. WATCH IT, damnit.

PPS- "S*** disturber." My new favorite expression. I love it. I love you too, Dickeybird. Someday you, Wifey, husband and I will have to grab a drink in some swanky Torontoian bar.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Lizzie said...

Maybe between Kanye and Ms Dynamite, rap with a social conscience will be the new black. I don't listen to rap but it seems like the odes to bling and hos are played out.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Heather B. said...

Did you see Kanye on the cover of Time? I have it framed...ok maybe I'm kidding, or not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home